As important as the actual treatment is, ensuring you are following the correct home aftercare for your lift will be essential to optimum lash health and a lasting lift!
- Avoid moisture, excess steam and water for the first 24 hours
For the first 24 hours after your treatments, your lashes are still quite delicate and malleable. Ensuring that you are not exposing your lashes to excess steam or moisture will prevent the lash lift from dropping.
- Do not rub or play with your lashes
It can be tempting to touch and admire your new beautiful lashes! But the natural oils from your hands and skin can alter the structure of the lash lift
- Do not use shampoos, conditioners, makeups, creams, eye serums or oils on the lashes or around your eyes for the first 24 hours.
Using any of these products can encourage the colour of the lash tint to weaken or the lash lift to relax.
- Avoid using strong eye make up remover for 48 hours
This too may cause the lash lift to drop. Click here to grab a gentle safe eye makeup remover
- Try sleeping on your back for the first night to avoid lashes dropping on the outer corners.
As mentioned, the lashes are still delicate and malleable for the first 24 hours. Try not sleeping face down and avoid wearing an eye mask the evening of your lash lift.
- Use at home treatments to help keep your lashes conditioned and nourished between lifts
This step is critical in keeping your lashes healthy for the duration of your lash cycle. Just like when you go to the hairdressers and have a treatment, it is a requirement that you use aftercare products to look after your luscious locks, why should your lashes be any different?
2 products highly recommended by BQ and used:
This magic formula helps eliminate frizzy hair while providing softness and shine to lashes and brows To find out more about how amazing this product is, click here.
Use this everyday on its own ( it works great as a clear mascara) or apply first before applying eye makeup.
This beautiful mascara can be worn everyday with or without a lash lift. It contains a naturally occuring Keratin complex – a strengthening protein that is naturally found in skin, hair and nails.